National Express at Gatwick Airport
National Express cover 98% of the UK including local stops in England, Wales and Scotland. They run services that can take you to and from Gatwick Airport throughout the day.
Using a dedicated coach service from National Express means that you will also save money on driving costs such as fuel and parking. This way you will be dropped of at the terminal door!
Destinations & Departure Points
A dedicated shuttle direct transfer between Gatwick and Heathrow is available at £25 for a one-way journey. A return ticket of this service is offered at a slightly discounted £40 return. National Express offers the only direct airport connection and links all the four major London airports, Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton and Stansted airports. They operate 100 services a day between Gatwick and Heathrow which takes around 1 hour.
There are many local stops which you can book to and from, but some
Where to find National Express at Gatwick Airport
Pick up and Drop Off
Pick up an drop off points at Gatwick airport depends on the terminal you are arriving to or departing from. Please see below for pick up and drop off points at both the North and South terminals.
- Coach services arrive and depart from the lower level outside the international arrivals area.
- There is a National Express coach ticketing office inside the terminal at international arrivals.
- You can connect to the South Terminal easily with the free monorail transit train service which is clearly signposted from around the terminal.
- Coach Services will arrive and depart from the lower forecourt at stops 16 & 17.
- There are ticket offices located in the arrivals travel centre and in the upper forecourt area.
- You can connect to the North Terminal on the free transit train service which is clearly signposted.
Discounted & Concessionary Coach Fares
Young Persons Coachcard
If you’re: aged 16-26 or in Full Time Education you qualify for a card
Cost: £12.50 for the year or £30 for 3 years. They are currently offering 50% off to students too, so make sure you purchase a card before you go off to uni!
If you’re: aged over 60 you qualify for a card.
Cost: £12.50 per year. Benefit from £15 day return journeys on Tuesdays, Wednesdaya & Thursdays!
If you’re: Registered disabled you qualify for a card
Cost: £12.50 per year.
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint by Coach
Travelling by coach has been proven to be one of the most environmentally friendly forms of public transport. National Express are very proud that they are helping people to cut down on their carbon footprint and want you to join in with cutting down the UK’s carbon emissions, so have created an emissions calculator to enable you to see how big your carbon footprint is and how much you can cut that down by travelling by coach!